Bright Ortho OFFICE UPDATES • MAY 4, 2020
Greetings Friends and Families!
We hope this letter finds everyone healthy, happy and prepared to ease back into regular routines. Much has changed since we saw you last. Everyone on the planet has been affected by COVID-19. We want to update you on our office, it’s measured re-opening timeline, and the steps we are taking to ensure we do everything possible to keep our patients and team healthy. Dr. Veit has been staying up to date on the wealth of continually changing information.
With the ADA guidelines now in place, we have begun scheduling our emergency/urgent patients to be seen in May. We plan to begin calling to schedule our routine patients over the next few weeks with a clinical start date of June 1st. We are planning on a first-canceled-first-rescheduled bases, so please allow us to call you. If you have an urgent concern- please don't hesitate to contact us.
Before the appointment:
- Check for loose parts/bands/braces. This will be more important than usual as this has the potential to be an aerosol creating appointment.
- Please fill out 2 new forms (these will be e-mailed to you and are on our Facebook page-attached to this post in comments):
- a. Patient Screening
- b. Treatment Consent
- Please send the forms back to us electronically prior to the appointment.
- Take your temperature to ensure you do not have a fever (over 100 degrees F), if you have one- we will not be able to see you that day.
- Please brush your teeth before leaving home.
- Please bring your mask with you if you have one.
- Please make sure we have contact information for the person dropping the patient off and picking them up.
- Once you arrive, please call the front desk from your car to check-in.
- For social distancing, only the patient will enter the office if possible, please.
- Please wait outside the door for the greeter, if the weather is bad, feel free to wait in the entryway.
- The greeter will take your temperature with a no-touch thermometer.
- The greeter will confirm the screening and treatment consent forms have been completed.
- The waiting area will no longer have coffee, toys, or magazines available ☹.
- The office will be colder (the team will be wearing warm masks and face-shields), please bring layers.
- Not all of the chairs will be filled.
- Please maintain the 6-foot social distancing guidelines when in the office until seated in the treatment chair.
- We’ll call to give you the update and schedule the next appointment. We are looking forward to seeing you!
For previous updates over the past few months, please reference our Facebook page.